For at least the first 4 weeks, school will be conducted via remote learning. Here are some important details to know:
Not sure where to start?
- Take a look at our Where to Start Guide for help on getting started with remote learning.
- View the recording and/or view the materials from our Parent Support Series for help on navigating AISD’s remote learning tools.
- View the recordings from our grade-specific parent information meetings
Reopening Plans and Remote Learning
- The first day of school is now Sept. 8.
- The first four weeks, from Sept. 8 to Oct. 5, will be remote. If your student needs access to technology, please contact us at 512-414-2013 as soon as possible. We’ve had a dedicated team of folks reaching out to families this week to ask about technology access and to provide direct support for getting devices. In fact, some of you may have already been called. 🙂
- The next four weeks, from Oct. 5 to Oct. 30, will be a phase-in period. Families will choose if they prefer on-campus or virtual learning for this period and families who prefer on-campus learning will be phased in. We will continue to base our campus and district operations on the advice of health authorities. It is important to note: even students who choose on-campus instruction may have some days where they are still doing remote learning during this period.
- Families will choose if they prefer on-campus or remote instruction within two weeks of returning to campuses Oct. 5 via a form that will be sent to your email.
- Austin ISD families will be able to choose to go back to remote learning based on their individual comfort level.