Membership in the Barton Hills PTA helps support our wonderful students, teachers, staff, and programs. Please consider joining and donating if you can.
The Annual Fund is Barton Hills Elementary PTA’s hassle-free yearly fundraising campaign. The BHE PTA raises funds each school year via the Annual Fund. When you make a donation, you automatically become a member!
It’s an easy way to support your school and to guarantee that the students and teachers get the resources they need, which is particularly important this year given the uncertainty of the pandemic and the impact on our school. Without our annual Carnival and spring fundraisers–we usually raise $35,000 from Carnival alone–we need your help now more than ever.
You benefit, too! All Annual Fund donors are automatically enrolled in our PTA organization.
The PTA is budgeted to spend $302 per child this school year. Despite the pandemic and its effect on our ability to hold our usual fundraisers, we’re still aiming to raise a similar amount as we have in previous years: $128 per child. This means we need our parent community to contribute $174 per child through our Annual Fund to meet our goal.
Since not all families can contribute at that level, please give your best gift. The minimum required to join the PTA is $13 per family. Our 2020-21 goal is 100% participation, for a total of $72,210 raised for the Annual Fund.
Every dollar counts.
Your money goes a long way to supporting work at our school, including:
- Materials for the library, music, art, & physical education departments
- Supplies, development, & enrichment training for our faculty
- T-shirts & yearbooks for every student
- Cultural Arts programs and performances
- Support for social-emotional learning programs
- Green works and outdoor maintenance
- Physical education and recess equipment
This year, in order to ensure safety and wellness, we’re also hoping to have funds for:
- HEPA filters and other supplies to ensure health and safety in the school
- Outdoor space development to support a range of activities, including learning
- Technology additions inside and outside the classrooms to support remote learning
Families who donate will have the option to remain anonymous or be recognized on our website and, when possible, on our giving tree in the front hallway at the school.
Barton Hills Elementary PTA is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization (EIN 74-6086853). Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. No goods or services are provided in exchange for your donation.