- This event has passed.
Walk and Bike to School Week
October 2 - October 6
Get ready for your chance to win the Golden Sneaker! Grab your classmates and walk or bike to school.
What to Do
- Walk or bike to school as many days as you can this week – whether you live in or out of the neighborhood
- Look for or plan groups to walk with. When you drive in and see people walking, stop and walk with them
- Plan ahead and give yourself a little extra time in the morning
- Remember to use the crosswalks!
- Bikers – remember to wear your helmet and walk your bike on campus
Why Do It?
- Increase your cardiovascular endurance
- Increase your muscle strength
- Wake up your brain and get ready for a day of learning
- Save gas and help the Earth
- Help your team win the Golden Sneaker
The Golden Sneaker will be awarded each day to the class that has the greatest percentage of walkers and bikers