- This event has passed.
Student Wellness Applications Due by 3:15 pm
September 11, 2017
Calling all 4th thru 6th graders! Are you passionate about all things health and wellness? Now is your chance to apply to be a part of the student wellness team.
This is the 6th consecutive year of the BHE Student Wellness Team (SWT). This team promotes healthy eating and physical activity at BHE, while honing leadership and collaboration skills. The Student Wellness Team supports the efforts of the PTA CATCH Committee. Most SWT work is done during school hours (we do our best to not interrupt the academic day), however, there will be occasions where the team will need to be early to school or stay after school. Students and parents will be given forewarning when this will be necessary.
Some of the events/initiatives the SWT will support are:
- Lead W.O.W. (Working Out for Wellness) activities
- Walk/Bike to School Week – arrive early and pass out stickers, etc. (October 2-6, 2017)
- Morning announcements: Marathon Kids, Tobacco Awareness week, Heart Health Week, etc.
- Health & Wellness Fair ambassadors (February 1, 2018)
- Other opportunities as needed
Pick up an application in the front office or with Mrs. Perry.
Applications are due by 3:15 pm and can be turned into the front office or Mrs. Perry