BHE Newsletter: Week of October 5, 2014
Bulletin Board Committee
Enrichment and Volunteer Coordinator Programs
Carnival Decorations Help!
Carnival Material Donations:
Volunteering: Background Checks! A “Must Do!”
If you intend to volunteer in any capacity at BHE, you must complete a Volunteer Background Check. Completing all six options ensures complete coverage. There are two steps. (The process is quick and painless.)
1. Complete your registration by going to this link. You can select one or two, but best to do all six. This link will take you directly to the six options.
Volunteering Background Check Link
You will see the options below. (These links are live. You may navigate this way.)
Field Trip Chaperone – Not Driving – (Family Only)
Field Trip Driver (Family Only)
2. Once you have completed this, you will receive an email notification. Your completed registration will be sent to BHE. You must confirm your identity by showing your Driver’s License to our principal, Kati Achtermann or our librarian Ms. Rebne Karcheffky (substituting for Ms. Tara Ewing.)
Halee Dinsey Allison
Volunteer Coordinator – Temporary
From the PTA Wellness Committee:
THIS WEEK IS…Walk/Bike to School Week: October 6-10
- Mellow Johnnys Bike Shop will be on hand for a bike and helmet safety check on Wednesday, October 8. 2:45 on the blacktop. Parents and students, bring your bikes for FREE minor repairs and flat fixes!
- The Golden Sneaker will reappear!
- Start making plans for walking or biking to school that week…maybe you’ll start a new habit! 🙂
- ClifBar/ClifKids will supply goodies on some mornings for walkers and riders.
peace. love carnival.
Saturday, November 15 • 1:00-4:00
Please donate your like-new plush toys and books to be used as game prizes. They can be left in the office.
Wristbands can be purchased for $25 online now at http://bheeagles.com/
All attendees must have a wristband. While supplies last, each wristband purchased will receive a $10 Whole Earth Provisions gift certificate!! (Limited Quantity)
October’s Teacher Lunch will be held on Friday October 31, 2014, in the library, and will be sponsored by 5th grade parents. Theme TBD.
Garima Heath & Halee Dinsey Allison
Reflections: Three Weeks Left!
From Mrs. Perry in the Gym:
From Ms Dyer – In ART:
Everyartist – Sparking creativity through kid-created art
Social and Emotional Learning Parent Series
Barton Hills Elementary in collaboration with the AISD SEL Department, is excited to offer a 3-part parent information series to help strengthen the SEL home and school connection. Please join us for coffee and discover ways to empower your child in creative positive connections and strategies for managing emotions. You can come to one or all of the meetings.
November 21st: Bystander Power
Donate to the BHE PTA while you shop at Amazon!
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to administer the AmazonSmile program. All donation amounts generated by the AmazonSmile program are remitted to the AmazonSmile Foundation. In turn, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates those amounts to the charitable organizations selected by our customers. Amazon pays all expenses of the AmazonSmile Foundation; they are not deducted from the donation amounts generated by purchases on AmazonSmile.