Open PTA Board Positions
Join Barton Hill’s PTA as it’s Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator takes a high level approach to managing the volunteers and volunteer activities throughout the year. While some events at BHE are well managed by Chairs and Co-Chairs, and thus require only a minimal investment of the V.C.’s time, others require direct solicitation of volunteers, the dissemination of event schedule and key information, and the management of information (primarily as a go-between from parent volunteers to activity coordinator/planner, Chair or teacher).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages and Maintains the existing Volunteer Database.
- Makes appeals for volunteers for specific school events.
- Manages and maintains volunteer signups via the on-line management tool utilized by BHE.
Come meet with the current Volunteer Coordinator – Halee Dinsey Allison – at Back To School Night Thursday, September 4th for more information or contact Suzanne Soares – email@example.com
Enrichment Programs Chair (would like to see 2 co-chairs):
Oversees Math Pentathlon Teams and Junior Lego League Teams
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serves as point person for coaches for the teams that are formed
- Working with BHE principal to secure classroom space for after school
- Manages the current inventory of team materials and makes requests for new materials and manages budget
- Attends BHE Board Meetings to report on Enrichment program
For more information, contact Suzanne Soares at firstname.lastname@example.org