Volunteering & Background Checks!
We are so grateful for all of the volunteers who enrich the educational experience at BHE. We could not do it without your ample assistance.
All parents who volunteer must complete a district background check. To do so, please go to www.austinisd.org
to complete this process.
2. On the Quick Links area, select “Volunteers/Mentors”
3. On the next page, select “Participate”
4. The next screen, please click on “School Based Volunteer” and select Barton Hills Elementary as your school
5. On the next screen, you are given a number of options from which to choose your level of participation. For many volunteers, it is best to select all of them as you might find yourself participating in a wide manner of ways at the school (chaperoning, driving, mentoring etc.)
6. On the last page, you will be asked for your email and you must agree to allow a background check.
7. You will be notified when your background check clears.
Note: This must be done each year. If you have had this done in the past, you must still resubmit for this year.
BHE Mosaic Wall
I’m very happy to share the good news that Barton Hills
has been awarded our very first Neighborhood Partnering Program grant from the City of Austin (http://austintexas.gov/neighborhoodpartnering
)! The grant, which was written by myself, Beatriz Mejia, and Rachel Noffke in collaboration with the Friends of Barton Hills
Community Park committee, the Barton Hills
Neighborhood Association, and our friends at Barton Hills
Elementary, will be used to pay for tools and materials to install a mosaic on the retaining wall underneath the new playground (facing Barton Hills
Drive). This will be a beautiful addition to the park, and our first piece of community art! The grant awarded is ~$25,000.
The purpose of this mosaic project is to: (1) Enhance the neighborhood aesthetic, (2) Build community, and (3) Pay tribute, to celebrate, and highlight the accomplishments, of artists of all ages in our community through an enduring, collaborative, and beautiful work of art.
Thanks to all of you who gave input on design ideas, signed the petition that the grant process required, and have offered to lend a hand of support. Thanks to the Barton Hills Neighborhood Association for awarding funds to our project to pay for artist stipends. Our next steps are to solicit contributions from other mosaic artists who might be interested in the project (Rachel Noffke, herself a talented mosaic artist will be taking the lead on this and has already contributed sketches and hours of work!), finalize the design and purchase materials, and then the fun part: INSTALLATION. Our plan is to install the mosaic entirely w/ volunteers from the neighborhood (kids and adults!), under supervision from our artists.
Please let me know if you have any questions and also if you want to sign up to help!
AISD IMAC volunteers needed
Please see the attachment below and assist us with getting parent volunteers to serve on the Instructional Material Adoption committee. We need two parent volunteers for Band, Choir, Theatre, Orchestra, Dance, Visual Arts, Guitar, Mariachi, Elementary Music, Elementary Art, Piano and Theory.
Director of Fine Arts